1.03.2007

So, content aside, this splicing of 7 photos is pretty well done, huh. It took 15 seconds and no input from me. Maybe I'm late to the table, but I thought I'd mention Autostitch to everyone in case you hadn't used it. Its freeware and tiny and runs from its own .exe file that you can transport on a flash drive. There are a few options that you can change if you are so inclined, but the defaults do a great job. Sorry about the uncool image. Its from a site visit this morning. For sweetness, check out this.

5 comments:

R. Simpson said...

do you think it is significantly better than the file>automate>photomerge in photoshopCS?

Jason said...

hmmm. I haven't used the Photoshop method. We don't have CS at work. This is the best that I've used. I'll experiment with CS2 tonight.

Anonymous said...

Jason's CS is at least 2 times better the Simpson's!

Jason said...

Tried Photoshop last night. Not nearly as effective on the images I used. Including the sample set that come with the Autostitch program. What it does have that Autostitch doesn't is the option to drag photos around to manually locate them. I see advantages to that, but it seems that most times this program will automatically do a better job.

Pete said...

The smart money is on Autostitch